Wednesday, May 12, 2010

5/11/2010

Wow! This class has been a challenge for me, but I am feeling much more comfortable with things. I had to go way out of my comfort zone.

Looking back over the semester, we started with the webquest. I had done one years ago and had really forgotten how to do it. It was like starting from square one- but I did it.

We had our instructional website. That was a long drawn out disaster. :) It was painful. I used an online site where I could design my site. I kept hitting a button while i was typing, (and I'm not sure which), that kept deleting entire pages. I was having a heck of a time. I started many pages over and over!! -however, I did it!!

We had our podcasts. I had no idea what to do mine on. I actually fouund this very enjoyable and I think that I am likely to use this in the future. I liked using audacity. I had fun with this. I did it!

We also created classes on moodle. I thought this would be very difficult, but I enjoyed this one as well. I had a hard time figuring how to use it with my kindergarteners,so I planned a 5th grade class. I would use this agian as well. I did it!

The wiki was my least favorite assignment. I really had no idea what to add and how to contribute. I felt that the people I was working with did a great and complete job. I did not realize that so much work had already been done when I went in to work on it. I think that was the biggest problem. I waited too long. However, as bad as I felt it was, I did it. :)

We created blogs and participated in many discussions. We used secondlife and the palace. I found a lot of tools and sites and articles that I want to go back to try out, use, and read. I am maybe even looking forward to another of these classes in the future...maybe! :) As I have said many times, I did it. I may not have felt as comfortable as I am used to feeling, and I may not have done as well as I am used to, but I took a leap, and tried soemthing new. For that I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment